KIWI Shaft Seals
The stainless steel Kiwi Shaft Seal™ offers protection for your vessel, keeping crew safe and dry. The Kiwi Shaft Seal™ is a New Zealand made product which is easy to install and has a 15 year pleasure craft or 5 year commercial craft guarantee (Conditions apply).
It has taken 30+ years of marine industry experience to develop and refine this breakthrough alternative to stuffing box and mechanical type marine shaft seals.
The Kiwi Shaft Seal™ is available from 1” to 6” in ¼” increments. (Equivalent metric sizes available on request).
NEW SAFETY FEATURE! Each unit is now fitted with a Heat Sensor - Kits come complete with a dash mounted warning system that activates if the seal is compromised due to lack of coolant.
Vessel Management Services Ltd • Ph: +64 274 473 418 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • 18 Clearwater Cove, Hobsonville, West Harbour, Auckland, New Zealand
KIWI SHAFT SEALS (KSS)
- Easy Installation
- Maintenance Free
- Fitted with Heat Sensor
- Stainless Steel Hose Clamps
- High Performance Radial LUP Seal
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel Housing
- Thordon Guide Bush: contains friction and noise reducing additives
- Adjustable Compact Length
- Rebuild-able: you only purchase 'new' once
- Customer Identified with Build Number
- Individually Tested
- Strong Reinforced Hose
Additional safety feature: Heat Warning System.
KIWI SMALL SHIP BEARINGS (SSB)
- Variety of marine applications including, Struts, Stern tubes & Rudders
- SSB standard sizes suit shafts from ¾’ to 4”
- SSB will not lock onto the rotating shaft
- Can be machined to custom sizes to suit supplied housing & shaft measurements
- Rolls out particles without scoring the shaft or liner
- Less wear and greater misalignment tolerances as a result of a larger water film
- Does not require ANY grease
- Easy to replace – can be glue, press or freeze fitted
EASIFLOW STERN TUBE
- Designed to be fitted with Kiwi Small Ship Thordon bearings
- Manufactured to a very accurate ID & OD
- Accommodates all sizes of Kiwi Shaft Seals
- For shaft sizes 3/4" to 4" in diameter & lengths up to 5 metres
- The number of Kiwi Small Ship bearings and position in stern tube can be easily adjusted to provide correct shaft support.
- Can be fitted to any type of hull construction
- Able to be fabricated into Aluminium, steel, timber, GRP(fibre glass)
- Will not suffer from corrosion